Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Designer Office Love

Photo via Sterling Style

So, this post is a little more about me than about my readers, but considering that I am a designer, I felt this topic would still be appropriate! Sometimes I can't help but sit back and day dream about the amazing office I hope to have some day. I'm at a bit of a crossroads in my life... about to graduate college and begin my real career. What does every career girl need? A career girl office of course! Here are some office designs I'm crazy about. Notice there is a lot of white on white with splashes of color everywhere. Love that! Notice that everything is really clean and organized. Love that even more! And best of all, most of them have pretty white macs as the focal points of the desks! Gotta love the Mac!


What event planner's office would be complete without floral arrangements and cool chandeliers?!

Photo via Focal Point

I'm all about the collage, baby. ALL about the collage!

Photo via Once Daily Chic

One day I would love to have a big studio, where clients could come in and be greeted with a cappuccino by the receptionist! We could show table designs, and sit in big comfy chairs and discuss coordination! My ultimate dream is to have an all in one studio, with all the vendors under one roof. Quite a dream, huh?


I am a student of Feng Shui. Tip of the day - never have your computer, or the back of your desk chair facing the door. It's bad chi for people to be able to see what you're working on, and in the back of your mind you will always be worried that other people will be watching what you're doing. The best way to put the desk is in a designated area where your computer faces a private wall. Also! Make sure there is plenty of room for your chair, and that it is able to pull out easily (preferably on a wood floor).

Photo via Real Simple

I'm crazy about the chalk board style in offices... as long as they are clean and kept up to date! Also, I've had my eye on this Pottery Barn desk for ages!


Mmmm... Organized white craft cabinets. I'm in love!


I thought this was such a clever idea, to use embroidery hoops as a kind of message board. Such a fun way to get organized!


A desk (with a Mac), a sewing table, and a craft table all in one office?! Color me happy!


As an event planner, it is important to have lots of space to work with clients. There's all those paper samples, color swatches, table linens, floral arrangements, etc etc etc, that all need to be spread out. This room with the black and white backdrop, the great big table, and the board of past client projects is the perfect meeting space!


Big cushy pink chairs and beautiful drapes are a MUST!

I can't wait to have my own office space someday. I hope you enjoyed my dreams and visions for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment